Healthcare has major resource implications in terms of human, time and financial resources, and is increasingly influenced by environmental and overall sustainability concerns. Healthcare systems, priorities and politics vary globally, impacting on the management of preventative and interventional healthcare.
In this essay, you will examine local and global health issues and the healthcare systems and resources in place to manage those issues. This includes consideration of the political, sustainability and financial influences on the design, development and delivery of those health care systems and programs. Finally, you will consider the potential impact of the chosen health issue on Australia’s healthcare system and identify an innovative initiative that contributes to reducing or avoiding this issue.
Select one (1) topic from one (1) of the following five categories.
1. Communicable (infectious) diseases
- reappearance or resurgence of ‘old’ diseases (e.g., HTLV-1 virus or TB ormeasles)
2. Non-communicable diseases
- cardiovascular disease and stroke
- perinatal morbidity and mortality (mother and infant)
3. Resource/management issues
- inadequate supply of resources (e.g., vaccines)
- antibiotic resistance
4. Environmental issues
- natural disasters (e.g., flood or tsunami or fire or earthquake)
violence as cause of death and injury (e.g., domestic or political/war)
Research the topic you have chosen. Find studies/research/journal articles/government and international health agency reports relating to the topic. These peer-reviewed articles will help you support your line of reasoning.
Address the following questions in your essay.
- Discuss the characteristics of the health issue selected.
- How is this issue managed within Australia?
- Compare Australia’s approach to how it is managed globally, in one (1) country where it is a major issue.
- What political and financial influences affect how this issue is managed in Australia and in one other country? (this can be the same country as above or you can choose
another country). Consider using gross domestic product (GDP) and per 100,00 population for comparison.
- Identify which international agencies are involved and briefly describe their role?
- Identify and describe a local (state/ province) community initiative that has been developed in response to this health issue. Include the nurse’s actual or potential
role in the initiative.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS