This individual written assignment constitutes 15% of the overall assessment for the module, BM0484 Banking Law & Ethics. This assignment covers the topics of Regulatory Framework for Banks and Banking Ethics (I).
After the completion of this assignment, learners will be able to:
- Identify, explain and apply the relevant concepts learnt under Regulatory Framework for Banks and Banking Ethics (I).
- Conduct relevant research on the regulatory framework for banks in Singapore.
- Prepare an individual report as per the requirements in section 3.
Learners are required to prepare an individual report about a foreign commercial bank. Commercial banks operate as full banks or wholesale banks in Singapore. Your report should cover the following:
Look up the MAS Directory of Financial Institutions 1 and select one of the Foreign Commercial Banks. Introduce the selected bank – its history, home country, key products and services.
Discussion on Regulatory Framework in Singapore
Explain why there is a need to regulate the banks. Describe the various requirements for licensing of banks in Singapore. Identify the type(s) of license held by the selected bank, chosen earlier in part(a), and the permitted activities/restrictions under that license.
Suggestions for Improvement to the Regulatory Framework in Singapore
Evaluate the regulatory framework for banks in Singapore and comment on whether you think the existing framework is sufficient to transform Singapore into an international financial hub through innovative legislation and regulation. Suggest some ways to improve the existing regulatory framework in Singapore.
Your report should be type-written in full sentences and not exceeding 3 pages, excluding cover page and appendices (Times New Roman font size 12). Your report should consist of the following parts:
- Cover page– Include a cover page with the assignment title, name and admission number, tutorial group and name of the tutor.
- Report– Cover section 3(a), (b) and (c) above.
- Appendices– Cite sources of relevant research and/or any other supporting resources.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS