Part 1 Evaluate existing business processes by applying appropriate concepts, theories and methods
Using the specific operations performance objectives it can be argued that Primark UK is focussed on satisfying its customers’ requirements for fast and dependable services at a reasonable market price, through strategic partnerships that assist its customers to improve the services they offer (value for customers).
- Outline the essential components for ‘effective business operations management’(creating value for the customer) for Primark’s operation within the UK.
- Use a soft systems methodology to evaluate the issues Primark UK might face if they decide to introduce hybrid facilities to allow their customers to continue shopping in store, as well as ‘order goods online and have these delivered to the door’ to compete in the market place. Support your discussion with appropriate business operations and business process models (i.e. the five operation objectives and the Four Vs (volume, variety, variation and visibility), customer value, the service gap model etc.).
- You should start with what Primark UK are doing well compare to the sector (why customers shop at Primark UK).
- Research the problems they may face changing their business model (going hybrid – the change) using Soft Systems Methodology (critical analysis of need/problem to be solved).
- Support your discussions with appropriate operations models (quality/depth).
- Your academic enquiry should lead to synthesis of important issues around the problem and solution.
- Critical analysis and evaluation of customer’s digital experience, how the new model will enhance the customer’s experience.
- Innovative ways to serve their customers better.
- Consider the services which are unique and benefits to Primark UK.
- Consider customer value for shopping online and in store, which market sector are they chasing by changing the business model.
- Comparison of different solution with costing and choose one solution to take forward with reasoning.
- Following models not to be included in here Porter or Swot you may use these for your own research.
- Writing should be essay style (Synthesise) no bullet points, no graphs, no tables or pictures
- Appendix not allowed.
Part 2 (Redesign existing process to achieve well-reasoned benefits)
For the new system you should include Root Definition, CATWOE and produce a detailed “Rich Picture” (hand drawn) to fully illustrate your answer. Your rich picture must indicate the problems well as the solution.
By means of a Business Process Plan (BPP) illustrate the changes including “AS IS” and “TO BE”. Brief explanations of both plans are required and support your discussions with relevant literature. You must follow the Business Process Management (BPM) standards covered in the class. Part three is the implementation of the new process (“TO BE”); failure not to include the BPP may result in marks not awarded for part three.
- Rich picture (fully illustrating part one, the problem and the solution).
- Root Definition (based on your chosen solution).
- Table for CATWOE (this is to test the Root Definition).
- “AS IS” process plan (include brief summer of the process plan).
- “TO BE” process plan (include brief summary to explain the process plan)
- Include these in the body of the assignment (follow the assignment structure)
Part 3 (To generate a plan for the implementation and evaluation of the new process)
Discuss how the Primark’s managers would turn performance objectives into operations priorities and the resources that would be necessary for effective implementation of the new process (“TO BE” business process plan from part two).
- This part should concentrate on the new solution only as discussed in part one and two.
- Analyse the resources required and costs for implementing the new process (“TO BE” Business Process Plan).
- Support your discussions with Performance Model, management of change etc. (not Maslow).
Using a Balanced Scorecard, discuss how the business performance can be measured post implementation (refer to the last three years of company annual reports and any other relevant data for improvement and target trends for Primark UK). (Balanced scorecard charts are not included in word count but discussion on each prospective is included, about hundred words for each prospective).
- Balanced Scorecard is to measure the post implementation performance for the new process only.
- Create Table for each prospective.
- Under each table use about.
Your work should be referenced including in text referencing with appropriate literature and form a logical and concise discussion.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS