Assignment Part 1 Yun et al. (2005; one supplemantary reading in Week 3) conduct an empirical study to explore the effectiveness of directive and empowerment leadership in trauma teams. Basically, directive leadership are more effective when patients are severely injured. However, empowerment leadership offers more learning opportunities for teams. 1) Why the effectiveness of directive/empowerment leadership is contingent on those two factors (i.e., the severity level of injury and learning opportunity)? 2) The researchers assume that directive leadership works when teams are inexperienced, but they do not obtain an empirical support from their data. What could be the possible reasons for this?You can write your answer on a word file and submit it. You do not have to use references to support your answer. Simply respond to the questions based on the information you can get from the study. Part 2 Doh and Quigley (2014) propose that ethical and responsible leadership can actually improve organizational outcomes through  psychological and  knowledge-based pathways.
1) Do you agree with their arguments? Why?
2) If being ethical and responsible is so important for organisational leaders, why we still promote/hire people mainly based on their competence or performance? . You can write your answer on a word file and submit it. You do not have to use references to support your answer. Simply respond to the questions based on the information you can get from the study.
Part 3 Kerr, (1975) is a classic, the arguments that are made in this article are still relevant today. The numerous examples that are given from a wide range of fields will make you rethink criteria we use for rewards. Reflect on the issues raised by the author in the conclusion section, under the heading ‘Altering the Reward System’. This paper is published more than 40 years ago. Do you think his arguments are still convincing at the workplace today?
Part 4 ohnson and Hekman (2016) discuss their new study about promoting females and minorities to the executive level. They find that the decision makers are reluctant to promote females/minorities because that decision will make the decision makers “look unprofessional”. Do you agree with the research conclusion? Why or Why not?
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS