You are also expected to have knowledge about how to provide guidance to the learner, and how you can best enact guiding the learner to learn effectively at the desired cognitive level. This assignment gives you the opportunity to link education theory with practice by designing an effective learning activity, for your own area of practice. To assist you with this you will use a lesson plan template.
A lesson plan is a document that is used by the educator to not only guide (the roadmap!) the development of the learning activity, but also assists in considering all aspects/variables and what will be needed to ensure a successful session. For example, this includes, learner considerations (who are they what prior knowledge do they have), timing, where and physical environment. Details included in a lesson plan vary depending on the activity, however usually include subject being covered, goals, objectives (what the student will learn), teaching strategies/activities (the method/procedure to assist the student to meet the L/O), content headings to be covered (and how long is required for each section), what material / resources will be needed, and how you plan to measure if the L/O have been achieved, and the feedback loop of evaluation of the session/program.
Part 1 E porfolio
- Design a one-hour lesson plan/learning activity that requires students to achieve a set of one of which must be a demonstration of decision making/clinical reasoning skills (you can use the template provided or develop your own);
- Provide one further resource of your selection, for example, a Power Point presentation that would be utilised in part of the lesson or a checklist for a particular clinical procedure to be taught.
Part 2 Written critique Prepare
Your discussion paper should clearly articulate the rationale for the learning activity; explain how the lesson plan/learning activity will lead to the achievement of student learning outcomes; present a rationale for assessment strategies and articulate your plans for improvement and refinement of the activity.
Consideration of diverse student participants, the role of the facilitator and organisational constraints and enablers should also be included. Your critique should be supported by the use of contemporary and relevant literature.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS