1. Introduce the facility. What is the mission of this agency? After reading the mission what can you say about this organization’s values?
2. See if you can locate a copy of the organizational structure. Remember some facilities will have a separate structure for the nursing department that you may be more familiar with. If you cannot locate a copy of the structure, frame your response around what you know. What type of organizational structure is it? (refer to pp. 302-304 in your text) Where are the decisions made? Where is nursing on the chart and who does the Chief Nursing Officer report to? How is communication and decision making affected by the organizational structure of the facility?
3. Is there a Shared Governance Model within this organization? What are the advantages of the Shared Governance Model for nursing? Remember shared governance is not just – ‘yes we have input into decisions’ but a formal process for shared decision making. Give specific examples.
4. Who do you feel the stakeholders are for this organization? Give specific examples. (See text).
5. Briefly touch on the culture of the organization. Give specific examples. See Display 12.3, p.307 in your text.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS